download and installation
Try out Hets, using the Web-based interface
The best way to use hets is under Ubuntu. Possibly run this OS in a virtual box.
A compressed (1.2G, uncompressed 4.2 G) virtual box image can be downloaded from here. username/password is ubuntu/reverse.
Hets under Ubuntu
- the basic system
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:hets/hets sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install hets-desktop
- for the full system including all provers etc., use hets-desktop-all instead of hets-desktop
- for using Hets as a server providing a RESTful interface, use hets-server or hets-server-all. This is a smaller version without GUI dependencies. Note that also hets-desktop can be used as as server.
- for Hets development, additionally type in:
sudo apt-add-repository -s "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/hets/hets/ubuntu trusty main"The Hets sources should be obtained from the git repository (see the end of this page).
# for other Ubuntu versions, replace "trusty" by the name of the Ubuntu version sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get build-dep hets
brew tap spechub/hets brew install hets-server brew install hets-desktop
Hets Images for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Disk images for the Hets application have only limited functionality. (GTK based menus are missing.)
Hets binaries are available here:
(these are usually not needed but may replace the binaries from above)
- Linux daily snapshot latest release all versions
- x86_64 Linux daily snapshot latest release all versions
- (Mavericks) Intel Mac daily snapshot latest release all versions
- PC Solaris daily snapshot latest release all versions
How to use a hets binary?
Just download the binary and put it somewhere in the $PATH.
- Our current linux binaries also rely on gtk-2 and glade-2 libraries for more and better menus. Thus you may need to install additional libraries. Use ldd (or "otools -L hets" on Macs) to see which libraries are missing.)
- For displaying development graphs (with the -g option), you need to install uDraw(Graph) (formerly known as daVinci) that relies on Tcl/Tk (version 8.4 or 8.5) (which probably has been already installed on your computer anyway). Make sure uDrawGraph and wish are in your $PATH.
Download the CASL libraries and set $HETS_LIB to the folder containing these.
How to install software needed for theorem proving with Hets? (only needed when working with the binaries)
- For interactive theorem proving you may install Isabelle.
- For automatic theorem proving you may install SPASS and/or Darwin.
- For reasoning about OWL specifications you may install Pellet and set $PELLET_PATH to the directory containing the script pellet.sh.
Obtaining the Hets sources
Hets is written in Haskell. You can obtain the Hets sources from the git repository with:
git clone https://github.com/spechub/Hets